Friday, April 07, 2006

Dog blogs, my paw. Here's my cat blog!

Did you guys read last Sunday's newspaper [Sunday Times, April 2]? There was a feature there about dog blogs, or dlogs, started by their humans.

It got me thinking - what about cat blogs?? Maybe they are out there, who knows. It's just that SunTimes is so pro-dog that they probably didn't think to go out to look for them. [For a start, check out About.com's aggregator of cat blogs here - and I'm sure this is not an exhaustive list.]

In any case, I'm starting my cat blog here and now, so there is at least mine to count.

Let me introduce myself: I'm what vets call a DSH, or Domestic Short-Hair. Some mean humans call me "pariah cat", "longkang cat" or "ordinary" cat. [The Cat Welfare Society has a tee shirt which declares "There are no ordinary cats", so so true. Each of us is really special!]

Top Cat is what I'm calling my blog, though my humans named me Nookie. [Cat = Pussy = Nookie, geddit? If you don't, never mind. Think of it as a regular name.]

I'm an old boy, almost nine. When my human got me in mid-1998, she brought me to the vet first thing to have me checked. The vet peeled back my lips, looked at my teeth and pronounced me a fit and healthy cat, "aged about one year". So I reckon I must have been born around mid-1997.

Actually, I'm speaking to you now from my new home. I'm no longer living with my human, but that story can be for another day. I'll just get this maiden entry uploaded first to see how my blog looks like, and check back with you on another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home