Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My roomies



Time for a little information about some of my roomies:

  • Mummy: She's so-named because two of the cats in this room are her babies. I haven't yet found out which ones!


  • Cutie: She is the pretty grey cat who is really affectionate, even with humans she's just met. [That's her in the top picture.] She often parks her petite frame on the second rung of the ladder of the bunk bed. Quite a vantage position, really, because that puts her more in the line of sight of the humans who come into the room, unlike the rest of us who hang out at floor level.

  • Candy: She's the tortoiseshell cat, mostly white, with blobs of black and tan. She likes hanging out on the ledge just facing the garden. [That's her in the bottom picture.]


  • Buster: He's the silent, the El Moroso. He looks old, and sits there staring most of the time, a bit of his tongue sticking out of his lip. He came back from the vet this week because he had a bad tooth, which infected his gums. When I first moved in, he looked unkempt. Auntie S said he wasn't grooming himself any more, which puzzled me. Since he got back from the vet, he has looked cleaner, because Auntie S cleaned him up some. But he still doesn't bother to groom himself. It's like he's given up on life. I hope to talk to him soon.


  • Name unknown [but I'll find out soon]: The room's biggest ginger cat. I think he might be bigger than I am. [Ulp.]


  • Name unknown: A Siamese, also rather heftily built. This fella likes to hang out by the bedroom door. Maybe he's planning to bolt the moment someone comes through the door!


  • Name unknown: Black-and-white tom, another of the room's big cats. He looks like he's wearing a super-hero's cape and headpiece in black, heh!

    There are also Animals Who Live Beyond The Door, who we boarders in the room seldom see. These are Auntie S' own pets. I hear them, and smell them. From overhearing what Auntie S told my human during one of her visits, I can fathom they are [and this list is not exhaustive]:

  • Leo: Auntie S' prize-winning tabby. All the ribbons pinned on one of the cupboards in Auntie S' living room are Leo's. He's a silver-grey tabby with beautiful stripes and the most bewitching eyes.


  • Godbless: She's the brown mongrel.


  • Lucky: That's the black mongrel.


  • Godbless and Lucky are two really sunny dogs. They come up and greet visitors with smiling faces and wagging tails. I guess this means they aren't guard dogs!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home