Thursday, June 08, 2006

*A-chooo!* I've got the flu


My human came to visit me today, but I was feeling really out of sorts. [Ohhhh, my headdd! See picture!]

What lousy timing she has. Auntie S isolated me from my roomies in her (air-conditioned) TV room so my human could meet me uninterrupted, but I sneezed a couple of times and felt a little dopey. The watery eyes I've had in the past two days have improved with the eye cream that Auntie S applied, but my nose [I'm sure I sound like I'm saying "By dose..."] is a little runny.

My human was happy to see me, and me, her, too. I rubbed my face against her leg as she sat on the floor, calling my name. But I just wanted to sit down.

She even brought me a balled-up plastic bag to play with, but my energy level was lower than usual. I swatted it a few times and that was that. To think that I can go at it for an hour straight when I'm my usual self!

Actually, my attention was focused on the door to the room. I was acutely aware that Godbless [one of Auntie S' two mongrels, with all her dog smell] was sitting just outside it and that was infinitely more interesting than the ball or even my human.

My human is quite worried about my flu. I think she has read that flu can be dangerous for us moggies. Read more about cat flu here.

I hope to get better soon, otherwise - *aaarrrgggghhh!* - Auntie S will have to bring me to the vet. [See previous post.] Then again, she has a lot of experience dealing with sick moggies, and might have some prescription medicine in her stash, so that might not be necessary...

2 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

awwwwwwwwwwww! soo manjaaaaaaa!

12:36 AM  
Blogger AmyC said...

Yup, that's Nookie!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home